The Nova Scotia College of Family Physicians is pleased to announce Dr. David Martell, CCFP as the recipient of the 2016 Nova Scotia Family Physician of the Year Award. This award is presented to an outstanding Family Physician who embodies the CFPC’s Four Principles of Family Medicine.
In the work Dr. Martell does with addictions patients, he often cares for those individuals potentially marginalized by society; his commitment to helping these patients is outstanding. He is a tireless voice for many patients who unfortunately have very few advocates.
- Providing exceptional care to their patients
- Making meaningful contributions to the health and well-being of their communities
- Dedicating themselves as researchers and educators of future generations of family doctors
- Be skilled clinicians
- Be community based
- Act as a resource to a practice population
- Recognize the central importance of the doctor-patient relationship